Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS PE 2.1(3a) not pulling in service profiles

Hello,

I just wondered if there was a trick to getting the service profiles from a live import to show up. I get all 6 of my chassis, and all the blades.  My live environment is 2.1 as well.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

UCSPE Live Import only pulls in your hardware.  To import your logical configuration, you will need to export a config-all backup from your live system, and import the backup into UCS Manager via the GUI / API in your UCSPE environment.

Having said this, it is something we are looking to extend for the live import functionality in the future.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I've loaded a slightly newer version of UCS PE and still no service profiles. A co-worker sent me this link which seems to contradict what Cisco says. http://www.kozeniauskas.com/itblog/2011/08/28/using-cisco-ucs-emulator/

Near the bottom of the page it says:  "Also IPs will be change to whatever the emulator is set to. The import procedure will not import service profiles."

Can someone please just confirm or deny whether or not UCS PE is supposed to import the service profiles from a live environment? I can't get it to.

UCSPE Live Import only pulls in your hardware.  To import your logical configuration, you will need to export a config-all backup from your live system, and import the backup into UCS Manager via the GUI / API in your UCSPE environment.

Having said this, it is something we are looking to extend for the live import functionality in the future.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card