cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSB-B200-M4-All DIMM Memory Bank 3 are equipment-disabled.

Volgash
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a UCSB-5108-AC2 chassis that I've installed UCS-IOM-2408 and connected to two UCS-FI-6454. Those are functioning well together with high availability (HA) in the system. I checked M3 v1 and M3 v2 without any problem. However, I am encountering issues when using my M4 blades. I can see two kinds of errors on more than 4 ten different blade.

1- FSM freeze BIOS self powerup (IBMC)

2- they cannot recognize any RAM in DIMM bank number 3 (A3, B3, C3,...)

I swapped the memory sticks into new slots in different blades but encountered the same result. Additionally, I tested with UCSB-MLOM-40G-03 V01, but if necessary, I can switch to any of the following options:

1. UCSB-MLOM-40G-01 V01
  2. UCSB-MLOM-PT-01 V01
  3. UCS-VIC-M82-8P V01

Volgash_0-1698860547760.png

Volgash_1-1698860583774.png

Volgash_2-1698860687708.png

Updating Media

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Volgash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steven,
I appreciate your guidance. I had previously attempted the steps you suggested, but unfortunately, they did not yield any changes. In response to your questions, I have cleaned the CMOS, updated both the CMOS and Firmware, and inspected the DIMMs, which all appear identical (Picture 1). Finally, the message displayed on the physical console during discovery is "Configuring and testing memory," there has been no change for more than 24 hours (Picture 2).

Image 2Image 2Image1Image1System without error before M4System without error before M4

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't know that I've seen that exact scenario, but I would try:

• [Clear CMOS]

What is showing on the physical console/monitor when the server is stuck during discovery?

Regarding the DIMMs failing to show the 3rd DIMM. . .  What are the DIMM PIDs which you are using?
Make sure DIMM PIDs with a lower (number) "rank" go last and the higher "rank" (number) is first. If you have a mix of dual rank and single rank, the dual rank should go first and the single rank last.
Are the DIMMs a mix of RDIMM/TSV/LRDIMM? If some of those can't be mixed together.

The B200 M4 spec sheet has the memory population guidelines:

• Do not mix RDIMMs, LRDIMMs, TSV-RDIMMs
  • Do not mix 64GB DDR4-2133-MHz TSV-RDIMMs with any other DIMMs
  • Single-rank DIMMs can be mixed with dual-rank DIMMs in the same channel
  • etc

Volgash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steven,
I appreciate your guidance. I had previously attempted the steps you suggested, but unfortunately, they did not yield any changes. In response to your questions, I have cleaned the CMOS, updated both the CMOS and Firmware, and inspected the DIMMs, which all appear identical (Picture 1). Finally, the message displayed on the physical console during discovery is "Configuring and testing memory," there has been no change for more than 24 hours (Picture 2).

Image 2Image 2Image1Image1System without error before M4System without error before M4

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card