vMedia disconnecting during boot

tzimmermanFSU
Level 1
Level 1

UCS Manager 4.2(2a)

blade: B200 M4

Host firmware: 4.2.2c

Browser: Chrome 110.0.5481.96

I keep getting this error with a mapped ISO: Virtual Media has terminated as a result of the network, connection has been dropped.

Anyone have an idea what causes this and if there is a setting we can change to fix it?

4 Replies 4

josoneal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typically this issue happens due to network connectivity over VPN or different network. Can you try putting the ISO in a location on the same network local to the UCSM?

I'm connecting from a Horizons virtual desktop and it's on our internal network, not the same vlan but definitely on our internal network.

Try being on the same vlan. Also, I've seen where firefox resolved the issue.

tzimmermanFSU
Level 1
Level 1

I've tested attaching an ISO from three different hosts:

Virtual Desktop (different vlan) - problem as described above

macOS laptop (different vlan) - works without a problem

VM (same vlan) - works without a problem

Are there any other ports that need to be accessible for mounting ISOs?

This is the first time we've seen problems from our VDI environment. Granted there have been several changes with our VDI: new VDI with RHEL8 (old VDI was RHEL7), new vlan (private subnet, old VDI had an internet addressable IP), and we used to use the Java client. I remember before the Java client went away, we had found that there was a problem with the web based console access, unfortunately I don't remember the specifics though usually when we used the console it was for building new hosts and mounting an ISO to install from.

Are there any other networking issues that could cause a problem other than being on a different vlan? Since we can map ISOs from our physical desktops/laptops on a different vlan, I would think there is something else in play. And since a VM on the same vlan running RHEL8 can map an ISO, I wouldn't think RHEL8 is the problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card