cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What does Re-acknowledge do in UCSM?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

I never had a good understanding regarding what is the process once I started re-acknowledging UCS Chassis, blade or C-Series server...

So what kinda impact if I did re-acknowledge of chassis or blade or UCS Managed C-Series while ESXi is running on blades OR C-Series servers?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So what kinda impact if I did re-acknowledge of chassis or blade or UCS Managed C-Series while ESXi is running on blades OR C-Series servers?

This will reboot your server along with OS 

NOTE # perform this action in a planned window , if needed.

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

Be careful -- This also runs though the policies you have assigned to the profile as part of the discovery process.  If you have a scrub policy assigned that will scrub your disk.  A re-acknowledge will scrub the data off of your disk. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This will reboot your server along with OS 

NOTE # perform this action in a planned window , if needed.

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

So the re-acknowledge action just destroys the existing connection between compute and FI. And then rebuilds?

yes  , server goes through the discovery process

Thanks! So the hosts would need to be in maintenance mode first...no impact on FIs, right?

Be careful -- This also runs though the policies you have assigned to the profile as part of the discovery process.  If you have a scrub policy assigned that will scrub your disk.  A re-acknowledge will scrub the data off of your disk. 

Thanks! Good Point!

Yes , do verify what policy you have configured.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2-2/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_2/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_2_chapter_011110.html#d138862e8852a1635

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card