cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wwpn-derivation-virtualized-port

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

So I am digging the Cisco C210 boxes.  I have several rolled out so far. 

Just got a B series.    I feel like I am back in catholic school being scolded!   This thing hates me! :-)

I have gone through a firefly lab book to get familiar with the configuration.    I "belive" I have everything setup correctly...

I created a service profile so I could in a couple of clicks apply it to all four of my servers.  When I go to apply it I get

descr="Service profile Server1 configuration failed due to wwpn-derivation-virtualized-port"

Good ole google was not able to help me with this one.  I'm old school Call Manager and Contact Center person.  This virtualization stuff is very new.  Zero experiance with SAN.

Is anyone able to tell me what I may have missed from the error?

Thanks in Advance!

Del

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Del,

What WWPN pool is configured for the HBAs in your service profile ?

We can expect this failure message when we are using " Hardware default " option and the blade is installed with Cisco M81KR adapter ( it does not have burnt in WWPN address )

If it is the case, then try creating a WWPN pool and configure the service profile / HBAs to use WWPN from the pool.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_011111.html#task_106F15198C034D1BA1923DCCE2897F9F

HTH

Padma

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Del,

What WWPN pool is configured for the HBAs in your service profile ?

We can expect this failure message when we are using " Hardware default " option and the blade is installed with Cisco M81KR adapter ( it does not have burnt in WWPN address )

If it is the case, then try creating a WWPN pool and configure the service profile / HBAs to use WWPN from the pool.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_011111.html#task_106F15198C034D1BA1923DCCE2897F9F

HTH

Padma

Thanks for the feedback Padma!  This did help me out.

I was missing a local storage policy and also did not have my VSAN ID matched up with the SAN team.  Once I corrected these issues I was able to bring up the servers.

Thanks Again

Del

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card