Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ID Password

davidmcgregor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We use Intersight to manage our UCS domains and having to attest to access.

With the Cisco ID does anyone know what is and where it is documented what the password policy is on having to rotate your password every xx days. All i can find is the following:

• Includes 12-60 characters
  • Lowercase letter
  • Uppercase letter
  • Number
  • Special character
  • Not your username
  • We cannot accept any of your last 8 passwords or a common password
  • At least 1 hour(s) must have elapsed since you last changed your password
  • Passwords may not contain any parts of your email address.

(Source https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/help/login-account-help.html#~forgot-password)

There is no mention on how often you have to change your password. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

davidmcgregor
Level 1
Level 1

After some back and forth due to ciscos understanding of what i was trying to ask here i got a response via out account team from "Cisco’s internal IT Identity team", who stated "We have no password rotation policy for external users"

So we can close this one out.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

I couldn't find any official documentation from Cisco that specifies the password rotation policy, i.e., how often you need to change your password. As you linked the provided source only outlines the password requirements, but not the rotation frequency. It's possible that this information is not publicly available or is only communicated to Cisco partners or customers through other channels.

If you have a Cisco support account or a dedicated contact, you may want to reach out to them directly to inquire about the password rotation policy.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Thanks i will raise this with our account team and get their response.

davidmcgregor
Level 1
Level 1

After some back and forth due to ciscos understanding of what i was trying to ask here i got a response via out account team from "Cisco’s internal IT Identity team", who stated "We have no password rotation policy for external users"

So we can close this one out.