Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS B200 M5 Server Disk Slot Availability

d_ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a storage profile but I keep getting the error  "Cause: Disk in the slot *number*  in LunSet ........ is not available." How do I check disk slot availability or overcome this otherwise?

Many thanks

7 Replies 7

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried just using a local disk policy?

Most of the storage profile options are more applicable to rack servers.

Kirk...

I dont think a local disk option came up but I will have a look. Do you think I need to do anything on the NetApp ESS Management interface?

Many thanks

Not sure I follow...

We are talking about a UCS service profile, under Storage, and Local Disk Configuration Policy, will only impact physically local disks in your B200M5 blade.  This policy is unrelated to SAN or netapp storage.

local disk policy.PNG

Kirk...

Thanks for that. Do these settings seem reasonable? I am still not getting any storage device on EXSi install?

The 'any config' will only help you if you already have a raid volume/VD defined.

You may need to set it to raid 1 (assuming 2 physical disks) instead of anyconfig.

Then ESXi should see a virtual drive presented.

Kirk...

Still nothing but I do get a warning saying, "Pre-existing configuration issues: server does not fulfill local disk config requirements of the service profile"

How many hard drives do you have? what model are they?

What location are you attempting to install ESXI?

what does your boot order look like?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card