cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMPv3 on UCS

shaunoneil
Level 1
Level 1

We're having problems monitoring UCS devices via snmpv3 (tested against 2.0(9c) and 3.0(3a)); it seems when the engine restarts (for example, if the snmp Location value is changed in the UCS software), engineTime restarts to 1 but engineBoots doesn't increment, causing notInTimeWindow faults.  It's my understanding that when engineTime restarts, engineBoots should be incrememented.

What's the expected behaviour here, and what is needed for the UCS firmware to ever increment engineBoots so we can regain communication?  (We've only ever recorded this value as "0" during the get-request engine discovery, and "1" subsequently. It never increments past one, which is entirely contrary to my understanding of rfc3413.)

I do have packet captures if required, however I'd prefer not to post them publicly as they're from end-user production systems.

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're going to likely need to open a TAC case on that one, and submit the captures you have.

If a bug needs to be filed, it's much more helpful to have customer cases associated with them anyway.

Have you tested this against NXOS type devices (i.e.UCSM, N5k, N7K) with similar results, or only the IMC/CIMC?

Thanks,

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card