I would appreciate pointers or information that will help me identify UCS-5108 blade server and physical ethernet interfaces based upon a Veth#### value I get via CLI or SNMP from a UCS FI 6248. For example, using the command 'show mac address-table dynamic' on a 6248 CLI, I get the following information:
* 903 0025.b500.000e dynamic 0 F F Veth1892
* 903 0025.b500.003f dynamic 0 F F Veth1676
* 903 0025.b500.004f dynamic 0 F F Veth1668
* 903 0025.b500.005e dynamic 0 F F Veth1884
* 903 0025.b500.006e dynamic 0 F F Veth1876
* 903 0025.b500.009f dynamic 10 F F Veth1660
* 903 0025.b500.00af dynamic 0 F F Veth1868
* 200 0050.5686.5d0d dynamic 0 F F Veth1876
* 200 0050.5686.5d0e dynamic 0 F F Veth1852
* 200 0050.5686.5d10 dynamic 0 F F Veth1876
* 200 0050.5686.5d13 dynamic 0 F F Veth1852
* 200 0050.5686.5d17 dynamic 0 F F Veth1916
* 200 0050.5686.5d1c dynamic 0 F F Veth1892
How do I know what 5108 chassis, FEX uplink, physical ethernet port each of those Veth### ports are?
Thank you for the reply. It helps. I also contacted a Cisco TAC engineer, and got a reply with valuable information. It turns out that the Cisco UCS FI 6248 is quite similar to a Cisco Nexus 5500. I can use similar CLI commands and verify Virtual and physical interfaces. The following comamnds are quite useful to get what I was looking for:
- connect nxos
- sh run int veth#### - sh int veth####
Under the SAM CLI: - sh service-profile circuit detail - sh service-profile circuit server x/y
New episode on the Cisco UCS X-Series Modular SystemListen: https://smarturl.it/CCRS8E23 Follow us: https://twitter.com/CiscoChampion The Cisco UCS X-Series Modular System simplifies your data center, adapting to the unpredictable needs of...
Join us for this #CiscoChat focused on how you can unlock the power of your hybrid cloud infrastructure. A panel of Cisco and industry experts will discuss Cisco’s hybrid cloud strategy and dive deep into the future-ready infrastructure behind it all.
How to collect UCS Rack Server Tech support (Command Line) ?
SSH to the server and login with Username and password
Just Copy and Paste below commands for different protocols
CIMC tech support will be collected on the remote machine in som...
Was trying to get neworking to work on a new Ubuntu install on a UCS server. I did a "shutdown -r" and rebooted the server. Now it seems to be stuck in the Aptio setup utility. I either choose "save and exit" or exit without saving changes and I am brough...