Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 local 4-digit extension

techiegzz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am running a VoIP lab and have cisco 7960g configured and working well making outbound and inbound calls plus v-mail, except that I need to configure a 4-digit dialplan in the dialplan.xml file to be able to call other extensions. The current dialplan looks as follows:

<DIALTEMPLATE>

<TEMPLATE MATCH="#..." Timeout="5" User="Phone" />

<TEMPLATE MATCH="#..." Timeout="5" User="Phone" />

<TEMPLATE MATCH="0" Timeout="1" User="Phone"/> <!-- Local operator-->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9,011*" Timeout="6" User="Phone"/> <!-- International calls-->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9,0" Timeout="2" User="Phone"/> <!-- PSTN Operator-->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9,11" Timeout="0" User="Phone" Rewrite="9911"/> <!-- Emergency-->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="w!" Timeout="1" User="PHONE" Rewrite="9911"/> <!-- 911 when entered in Alpha mode -->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9,.11" Timeout="0" User="Phone"/> <!-- Service numbers -->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9,101..............." Timeout="0" User="Phone"/> <!-- Long Distance Service-->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9,10.............." Timeout="0" User="Phone"/> <!-- Long Distance Service-->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9,10*" Timeout="6" User="Phone"/> <!-- Long Distance Service-->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9,1.........." Timeout="0" User="Phone"/> <!-- Long Distance -->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="9,......." Timeout="0" User="Phone"/> <!-- Local numbers -->

<TEMPLATE MATCH="*" Timeout="5"/> <!-- Anything else -->

</DIALTEMPLATE>

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco IOS command dialplan-pattern contains a new keyword, extension-pattern, to allow additional manipulation of IP-phone abbreviated extension number prefix digits. When this keyword and its arguments are used, the leading digits of an extension pattern are stripped and replaced by the corresponding leading digits of the dial-plan pattern. This command can be used to avoid direct inward dial (DID) numbers like 408-555-0001 resulting in four-digit extensions such as 0001.

Thanx for your response. What I needed a solution for was a local extension, the DIDs serve a different purpose. But I already found the solution to the inquiry. I appreciate your response.