cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Call Forwarding Script?

dori.griffith
Level 1
Level 1

Need the ability to change the "call forward to" number when employees are on the road. Don't want to do it using the web interface, need something that will do it via a phone call.

For instance, Jim is out of town, he forwarded his office phone to his cell phone. His cell phone doesn't work in the Arizona desert so he wants to change the call forward to the hotel. He didn't bring a laptop with him so he can't change this via the web interface.

Is there a way to set this up? Not all of the employees here have permissions to call forward their work phones off site so I need this to be limited to only those with permission.

Help? I'm told I can buy a script to do this. Was wondering if anyone had one I could use.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

I think personal Assistant is the product for you. Cisco Personal Assistant helps mobile workers manage communications and maximize productivity with personal call rules, speech recognition, and productivity services for IP phones. Enabled by Cisco AVVID (Architecture for Voice, Video and Integrated Data), Cisco Personal Assistant interoperates with Cisco CallManager and Cisco Unity -- scaling to meet present and future needs while delivering feature-rich Unified Communications to the enterprise.

You can use speech recognition to enable call forwarding from a phone it self.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2026/index.html