cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

!!cisco ATA 186, back to back.SOS

gopal_voip
Level 1
Level 1

hi there, just enlighten me on cisco ATA 186 back to back config, my network is like:

phone---ATA----Switch---ATA---Phone,wnat to know the sample config, if this not possible, fine ,then let me know what shud i configure to get a dial tone,as im getting a busy tone than a dial tone, or lastly what shud i do to reset the ATAs to factory default settings,

cheers

shukky

3 Replies 3

sali1
Level 1
Level 1

If your ATA is running skinny right now then I think it is not possible (because no callmanager in the picture).

But if you load your ATA with a SIP image then in the SIP proxy filed, you can specify the IP address of the other SIP ATA and then you should be able to call from one ATA to another.

I haven't tried that with the ATA, but done with the 7940 phones and it worked.

To get the dial-tone, you must configure a number for the ATA first. (UID)

To reset the ATA for factory defaults

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-August/017474.html

Hope this would help.

Thanks

thanx sali

i got it, now secondly, when im using a gatekeeper (cisco3640) , when the call is made the bandwidth shown on the show gatekeeper calls,its showing being used is 64kbps, if lower the bandwith to 60, on the gatekeepr menu, the call doesnt go, so i need some compression feature, so just let me know.

regards

shukla

you can use the g.729 codec that would nee approx. 20 kb per call with overhead included.