cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E&M problem Pls. help me

shamudra2000
Level 1
Level 1

My Head office PBX is connected to my Voice Router with 6 (VIC2-2E&M x 3 card) E&M Port and my Remote office is the same. Both routers are connected through fiber.

My requirement is:

1. HO dial to access code 60, then get a second dial tone and dial RO PBX number (3000-3500)

2. RO dial to access code 70, then get a second dial tone and dial HO PBX number (2000-2500)

Ext2000---PBX--E&M---HOrouter-WAN---ROrouter---E&M---PBX---Ext3000

These 2 PBX was previously working with Martis voice gateway. Now we are replacing Martis by Cisco Router.

Pls send me a sample configuration .

I have done a configuration, first I dial 60,then get a second dial tone and dial 3000. my ho router E&M port is seizing in and Ro router E&M port is also seizing out, but 3000 ext is not ringing, I do not hear anything . what is the problem ?

Iam in a big problem , pls. pls. help me.

7 Replies 7

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HArd to tell without debugs or a config. Could be a dtmf-relay issue (where RO office PBX does not hear the digits).

you can try configuring dtmf-relay under the voi dial peers...

You may want to open a TAC case if this is urgent

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. I have almost solved the problem. The RO PBX was very old (more than 12 years). It was not working with default dial-type dtmf. So, I changed it to pulse.

One more thing pls. help me, by E&M, if I want to dial remote operators single digit number like 0,1,2,3 etc. then what will be the destination-pattern ?

HO dial 60, then second dial tone from E&M ,then dial 3 to reach Operator(all operators number are hunting).

Is the destination-pattern .T

Note: I have already exchanged HO-PBX 10 Ext (2011-2020) to RO & RO-PBX 6 Ext (3011-3016) to HO by configuring both side trunk and working well. I can also do it by connection plar opx & plar tied. FAX is also working well. I will send you my full config later.)

Well when you get the second dial-tone, you are getting that from the RO PBX, so whatever digits you send to it are processed there since you have already matched the dial-peer and the call is active as fare as the HO gateway is concerened.

If you want to use single digits to dial, you could use translation patterns and match the peers after the translation happens.

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801c0a88.shtml

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

Hope this helps.

If I use destination-pattern .T then problem is solved. I can call any digit ext of remote office. But now I have another remote office. I am using the following destination-pattern:

dial-peer voice 1000 voip for RO-1

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:172.16.1.2

dial-peer voice 1001 voip for RO-2

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:172.17.1.2

But it is not working, how can I configure 2 same destination-pattern for different RO at HO?

Some ext are same for both RO. So, how can I call them by E&M ? How the calls will divide for different RO?

You have written that I am getting dial tone from RO PBX, but when I get second dial tone, then RO E&M is not seized. So, how can I get RO PBX dial tone ?

If my RO is down, then I can also get second dial tone, because my PBX is configured like that. I just seized the HO E&M by dialing 60 and get second dial tone.

shamudra2000
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I have almost solved the problem. The RO PBX was very old (more than 12 years). It was not working with default dial-type dtmf. So, I changed it to pulse.

One more thing pls. help me, by E&M, if I want to dial remote operators single digit number like 0,1,2,3 etc. then what will be the destination-pattern ?

HO dial 60, then second dial tone from E&M ,then dial 3 to reach Operator(all operators number are hunting).

Is the destination-pattern .T

Note: I have already exchanged HO-PBX 10 Ext (2011-2020) to RO & RO-PBX 6 Ext (3011-3016) to HO by configuring both side trunk and working well. I can also do it by connection plar opx & plar tied. FAX is also working well. I will send you my full config later.)

My Head office PBX is connected to my Voice Router with 12 (VIC2-2E&M x 6 card) E&M Port and my Remote office-1 & 2 are the same.

1. HO dial to access code 60, then get a second dial tone and dial RO-1 PBX number (3000-3500)

2. HO dial to access code 80, then get a second dial tone and dial RO-2 PBX number (3000-3500)

Ext2000---PBX--E&M---HO-router-WAN---RO-1router---E&M---PBX---Ext3000

Ext2001---PBX--E&M---HO-router-WAN---RO-2router---E&M---PBX---Ext3000

Ho config:

voice-port 0/0/0 for RO-1

type 5

signal immediate

dial-type pulse

voice-port 0/0/1 for RO-2

type 5

signal immediate

dial-type pulse

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern .T

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 101 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:172.16.1.2

dial-peer voice 200 pots

destination-pattern .T

port 0/0/1

dial-peer voice 201 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:192.168.1.100

RO-1 config:

voice-port 0/0/1

type 5

signal immediate

dial-type pulse

dial-peer voice 300 pots

destination-pattern .T

port 0/0/1

dial-peer voice 301 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:172.16.1.1

RO-2 config:

voice-port 0/0/1

type 5

signal immediate

dial-type pulse

dial-peer voice 400 pots

destination-pattern .T

port 0/0/1

dial-peer voice 401 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:192.168.1.101

Problem:

In HO both dial-peer voip has same destination-pattern. My both remote office has same extension number. So, how can I separate the calls of RO-1 & RO-2 ?

My Problem is solved by myself. Thanks to all.