Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I configure Dial-plan redundancy - Priority

fkhan10980
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am setting up Dial Plan to single Destination PREFIX to 2 seperate gateway (not under my control).

1st Gateway as 8 PSTN line

2nd Gateway has 4 PSTN line

how do I configure my cisco 3620 gateway that will allow me to route calls to 1st Gateway as long as all 8 PSTN lines are available.

I know if you configure preference under dial plan like the one below

dial-peer voice 88021 voip

destination-pattern 8802T

session target ivp4:x.x.x.x

preference 10

dial-peer voice 88022 voip

destination-patter 8802T

session target ipv4:y.y.y.y

preference 9

but this does not work as long as IP network is fine. I need as solution that will allow me to route calls to 2nd gateway if PSTN interfaces are all full/busy

These 2 destination gateways are not under my control therefore, I can't request them to use my gatekeeper.

Any other solution that I can try in my gateway

Faisal

4 Replies 4

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

This will work. The clal will be routed to the first gateway with prefernce 9 and then if the call fails, the call will be routed to the second gateway with prefernce 10.

The only trick is the call has to fail with an error message which will tell the gateway to hunt. For example user busy will not cause the gateway to hunt. No cirucit or channle, no resource, no route to destination etc will all make the gateway hunt.

You can on the other hand use advanced busyout on the remote gateways to tell the originating when the interfaces are busy.

Taimoor

Thanks...

One quick question...

If I keep the preferene value to the same lets say 10, will they kind of balance traffic or first one in the list will take all the traffic?

Also...is there a command in dial-peer voip that will allow me to specify number of calls to send to...

for example if I have 2 dial peer to the same destination, and I want the first dial peer to handle 8 calls while 2nd one another 8 etc. etc

Is there a such command

thnx again for all your help

mazhar71
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Faisal,

In addition to Taimour response , this is done by using "voice hunt" command on this router which indicates error code(s) that cause(s) hunting.

"Dial-peer hunt" command also define hunting method but in your case it may not be used.

Best Regards

Mazhar

Hello Mazhar

thanks for your help. is the hunt command for pots or voip dial peer...

is there any way to tell th gateway that certain dial peer can handle x number of call..

since most of the gateways in Oversea specailly south asian country don't have lines more then 8 to 24. So if some one has 8 PSTN line I want to restrict calls to this gateway to 8

Any input

Faisal