cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR and radius issue help

p.sylvester
Level 1
Level 1

i need help in fixing the radius issue and IVR issue.

i got a Gatekeeper which does the Raduis for me and it sotres the IVR files as well..

But when i enter PIN its authticates me , but it doesnt authrose me to call i get "technical difficulties please hang up and call later"

radius-server host <my GK ip> auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key xxxx

xxxx is my shared key encrypted

radius-server vsa send accounting

radius-server vsa send authentication

aaa new-model

!

!

aaa authentication login default local

aaa authentication login tacacs group tacacs+ local

aaa authentication login h323 group radius

aaa authentication ppp default group radius local

aaa authorization exec default local

aaa authorization exec h323 group radius

aaa authorization network default group radius local

aaa accounting connection h323 start-stop group radius

aaa session-id common

ip subnet-zero

this is my radius and AAA config

some one can help me in this , or is it my GKs problem ??

thanks

Prashanth

3 Replies 3

teodorgeorgiev
Level 4
Level 4

debug radius authentication

The most common issue is that the Cisco can't get any reply from the Radius server. That could be due to firewall problem, misconfigured Radius shared secret or anything else.

Show the debug output.

the radius shared secret is correct , but we cant see it cauz its encrypted , is there any way we can make it plain , there is some option , like if we put 0 then it will be plain , i did that still its encrypted .

the key is correct, it cant be a firewall issue , because im usign the same GW for termination as well as orgination , but this is the first time im trying orgination for calling card, but the authtication happens if we enter the correct PIN , its get authnticated and it plays teh balance fine , but it wont connect the call , we get "technical difficulties".

and it plays wrong IVR files if i enter the wrong pin . like "you are 1 million dollars in your account", which is not accpetable , , i have some orgination GWs which is local to the GK , it works fine(quimtum),

this is a complicated case because the the GW which we are talking abt is in UK , im using it for termination , now i want orgination as well (for calling card)..

thanks

Prashanth

If authentication proceeds (you see it in the debug), it means that the shared secret is correct and there is no firewall issue.

Tnen you should debug the Radius request and replies in depth. It could be, the billing returns wrong value or the Radius client of Cisco can't read some type of value.

Then debug the call setup stage. Could your problem is there. It authenticates the call and gives a green light, but the Cisco has some troubles with routing the call through the dial-peer.

P.S. Quintum's IVR/Radius really works far better than Cisco's, but that is another story.