Views
Helpful
Replies

Longest Idle time Distribution!

aaa5678
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have created a huntgroupp with 10 members. I have set the Distribution Algorithm to Longest Idle time. Problem is some extensions complain that they receive all the calls while some extensions saying that their phone didnt ring at all. I have checked the hunt pilot details report and can see that  3 extensions received about 10 - 12 calls (while some of the calls didnt get answered) but cannot find any entry for other extensions. How this is possible with longest Idle? 

3 Replies 3

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

That algorithm also counts against outgoing calls. If the users who are not receiving the incoming calls making outgoing calls? If so it will reset their "idle" timer.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Thanks for your reply. so it's not that fair to use this algorithm then. The users dont want all the phones in huntgroup to ring at the same time but they also need to make sure they get same amount of calls each. what's the best algorithm to use then? 

You can try Circular distribution algorithm as the call will go from top to down and then follow the same again. The free extension will get the call.

Ideally we use Longest Idle time as the person who is idle more then other will get the call and in this way you can manage to give equal calls. It is not that all will get the equal calls as I am afraid it can not happen or we don't have any option like that.

For an example if any user is on call for 30 minutes and suppose the other user only had a call of 3 minutes then it is wrong to give another call to the first user instantly :-P but it is better that the call should go to 2nd user. :-)

I hope above helps.

Sandy