Helpful
Replies

NOT RECEIVING THE COMPLETE DIALED STRING FROM AN ISDN TRUNK PBX ->AS5850

olazcano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The problem i'm facing is the next:

I have a Cisco AS5850 with an Euro ISDN trunk connected to a PBX. The pbx send out the calls in order the A5850 terminate these calls in a remote gateway. I receive only a maximum of 12 digits of the complete string dialed in a phone hooked up in the PBX side.

Is it normal to receive only a max of 12 digits or there is something to do to receive as much digits as those come from the PBX??

My dial-peer looks like this:

dial-peer voice 13 pots

incoming called-number 0T

destination-pattern 0T

direct-inward-dial

port 2/7:D

!

dial-peer voice 14 voip

destination-pattern 0T

session target ipv4:209.210.174.17

tech-prefix 1051

fax rate 9600

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 2 hs-redundancy 2 fallback none

!

and the output from the debug dialpeer is this:

1w4d: destination pattn: 1234567891 expanded string: 1234567891

1w4d: MatchNextPeer: Peer 7 matched

1w4d: MatchNextPeer: Peer 8 matched

1w4d: dpMatchPeersMoreArg: Result=0 after MATCH_ORIGINATE

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oscar

3 Replies 3

carlosv
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried "forward-digits all" on your pots dial peer?

If that doesn't work I'd think the PBX isn't sending the full digit string.

Carlos

Do a debug isdn q931 and see what comes in from the PBX. Post it here so we can see. They could be sending the digits using overlap sending , so the intial setup may not have all the digits that you want or need.

Also, your VOIP and POTS dial peers have the same destination pattern. There is nothing stopping an inwards ISDN call from being hairpinned back out the PRI if it has a leading 0. You might want to make your dial plan a bit more specific.

Do a debug isdn q931 and see what comes in from the PBX. Post it here so we can see. They could be sending the digits using overlap sending , so the intial setup may not have all the digits that you want or need.

Also, your VOIP and POTS dial peers have the same destination pattern. There is nothing stopping an inwards ISDN call from being hairpinned back out the PRI if it has a leading 0. You might want to make your dial plan a bit more specific.