cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

outbound CallerID + CME

aaa5678
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to set a 0845 as CLI on CME? I have a ISDN 30 with 20 DDIs. problem is departments advertise different numbers to customers;  one of them uses a 0845 number as company's main number and the other one uses ISDN main billing number as their main number. now when agents call out from their extensions , the outbound callerID would be the actual DDI number in the ISDN range rather than 0845, so customers will call back them on that number which causing issues. 

I tried adding rules to translate the extension numbers to 0845 number but it's not working. I called BT as our range provider to see if they can sort this out for us but they advised this will go on complte DDI range not for particular range, but we dont want this as there are two different department with different numbers and huntgroups. any advise?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can advertise any number you like that is present on the circuit typically - so any number on your DDI, or any billing number.

If you want to advertise other numbers, you can do this but you generally have to request 'type 5' CLI to permit it, otherwise they will overwrite it with your billing number.

In your case you'll want to create a translation profile that matches all of dpeartment A, and masks them with the main billing number.

The other department must match another translation rule that will mask them with whatever local DDI the 0845 number is linked to.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can advertise any number you like that is present on the circuit typically - so any number on your DDI, or any billing number.

If you want to advertise other numbers, you can do this but you generally have to request 'type 5' CLI to permit it, otherwise they will overwrite it with your billing number.

In your case you'll want to create a translation profile that matches all of dpeartment A, and masks them with the main billing number.

The other department must match another translation rule that will mask them with whatever local DDI the 0845 number is linked to.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

thanks for that. I asked BT if they offer type 5 CLI and they got back to me with me:

"Already the Tel number : 02082*******  have the CLIP working on it, if we provide the CLIP it will go on all DDI range of main number.
Could you please provide us sevice product code for type 5 CLIP code."

am i correct thinking type 5 has to be added by BT or is it some sort of setting I need to do on CME? I dont really understand what BT means by service product code and form what they said I assume they only can set one cli for the whole range?

CLIP generally refers to the presentation of CLI inbound - it's something that's on or off, sometimes customers forget to tick that box and they don't see any calling info for inbound calls.

Type5 would be something BT do. With translation rules you can present whatever you like, but the BT equipment at the far end will overrule what you put if it doesn't pass their screeing rules... With normal circuits, you can present the billing number or any DDI on that circuit. Type 5 takes that checking off...

Definition of it is here, in the Annex 1 section : http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/policy/calling-line-id/caller-line-id/#12

Aaron

BT now added presentation type 3-5 against our circuit but I still cannot present the preferred CLI. I can see on debug that we send the correct one but at the destination its showing the wrong callerID. Do I need any sort of configuration on CME?

Hi

Can you post up your debug isdn q931 showing the outbound call?

The format/plan/type are all likely required to be correct.

Aaron

5633406: Apr 28 14:13:55.957 BST: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: Applying typeplan for sw-type 0x12 is 0x0 0x1, Calling num 08452661219
5633407: Apr 28 14:13:55.961 BST: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: Sending SETUP callref = 0x50A1 callID = 0xD022 switch = primary-net5 interface = User
5633408: Apr 28 14:13:55.961 BST: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x50A1
Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
Standard = CCITT
Transfer Capability = Speech
Transfer Mode = Circuit
Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
Channel ID i = 0xA98386
Exclusive, Channel 6
Progress Ind i = 0x8183 - Origination address is non-ISDN
tp-6569-3#
Calling Party Number i = 0x0180, '08452661***'
Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown
Called Party Number i = 0x81, '07766636***'
5633409: Apr 28 14:13:56.149 BST: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0xD0A1
Channel ID i = 0xA98386
Exclusive, Channel 6
tp-6569-3#

Hi

So..

Calling Party Number i = 0x0180, '08452661***'

You have a leading 0 on your calling number. BT have told you not to have that.

Plan is set to ISDn correctly.

Type is set to Unknown, this should be National.

You can use translation patterns/profiles to make these modifications.

Aaron

this is what I've got from BT:

THE CUSTOMER HAS PRESENTATION NUMBER 3-5 WHICH IS CUSTOMER 
CONTROLLED. IN ORDER TO SEND OUT THEIR CHOICE OF NUMBER THEY
MUST SET THEIR EQUIPMENT AS FOLLOWS.                       
1)    Sending the full number without the leading '0'      
2)    Within the Calling Party Number Type information element it must be set to NATIONAL

3)    Screening Indicator set to 'Not Screened'            
4)    Calling Plan must be set to ISDN or UNKNOWN          
PLEASE ASK THE CUSTOMER TO CHECK WITH MAINTAINER THAT ALL 4
STAGES HAVE BEEN SET AND THAT OUTGOING CALLS ARE SENT OVER 
THIS BEARER