cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PGW and ITP

iostres
Level 1
Level 1

Did anyone succesfully connect cisco PGW and ITP as M3UA? I was working by the book but still getting error in INIT state "SCTP: Unknown INIT param 49152".

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ivan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I am attaching a working configuration of the PGW(9.5.2) and ITP. It has been implemented and working nicely for several months at an operator's site.

There are two ways to operate the ITP:

-Signaling gateway mode: the OPC is shared between the PGW and the ITP

-STP Mode: there is a different PC on the PGW and the ITP and the ITP behaves like an STP

The configuration attached reflects the first mode. To use the second mode just change the PC and add the routes.

To avoid complications, I have stripped the rest of the configuration which involves instances and ITP pairs.

I hope this helps,

Marc

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

venkekri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ivan,

Well i hit a bug a while back. Check it out: CSCdy40025

regards

Venky

Hi,

that bug note says that router crashes in the proces. My router is ok, just i unable to create connection to pgw (it even sends INIT_ACK after ERROR) but then again starts INIT.

Do you have a working configuration with pgw? Could you share it with me?

Hi,

I am attaching a working configuration of the PGW(9.5.2) and ITP. It has been implemented and working nicely for several months at an operator's site.

There are two ways to operate the ITP:

-Signaling gateway mode: the OPC is shared between the PGW and the ITP

-STP Mode: there is a different PC on the PGW and the ITP and the ITP behaves like an STP

The configuration attached reflects the first mode. To use the second mode just change the PC and add the routes.

To avoid complications, I have stripped the rest of the configuration which involves instances and ITP pairs.

I hope this helps,

Marc

Marc,

thanks a lot. I'll try that config.

Regards,

Ivan

Marc,

I am wondering if you would still have the config posted for this rip. I have worked with SLT for PGW in the past...I am now working on an ITP-L, basically the same...but some syntax has changed...

I will be running 9.6(1) code for the PGW. Running nailed mode for the ITP-L. I have noticed that the ss7 syntax applicable to the 2600 series SLT is gone for 2811 ITP.

I am curious applicability of your config. I will be running 2 PGWs for redundancy.

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: