cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTP Ports

ariazk
Level 1
Level 1

is there any way to clasify RTP on UDP port basis, coz rtp sessions use a huge range.

my router doesn't support to clasify on application level.

4 Replies 4

Here is the typical statement for RTP.

ip access list extended Voice

permit udp any any range 16384 32767

class-map match-all Voice

match access-group name Voice

policy-map LLQ

class Voice

set ip dscp 46

This is usually not an issue on a Voice network since it's usually logically separated from the data network. Traditional Video Conference has always relied on endpoint trusting and something like Cisco VT Advantage uses a static udp port 5445 for RTP which makes classification easy in the network.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

thanks fred, my RTP forwarder is using huge range like it can use any port above than 10000 and I am using juniper M7 as long as i know there is no option to define acl on voice basis or i would need another JNOS,

cheers

teodorgeorgiev
Level 4
Level 4

Why don't you set all the voice gateways and softswitches to mark the media and signalling with a specific ToS? Almost all of the voice gateways and softswitches -> Cisco, Quintum, MERA MVTS, GnuGK, NexTone, Welltech/Micronet and others can do it...

I cant mark the flow untill I would clasify the traffic, like JNOS you need to clasify flow first after clasifying your desired flow you can mark it as EF,AF or BE. as far as I understand JNOS behaviour I have to clasify flow first.

thanks