Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP 481 error code

paolo.gangi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem of interconnection. During a speech, after the disconnect the call  remains on. Checking the trace I see that when I receive a BYE my gateway answer with a 481 (Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist).

trace.png

4 Replies 4

paolo.gangi
Level 1
Level 1

I think the problem is that it changes some paramaters in hte packet like tag but I'm not sure.

Please add the pcap file with trace. I think in a modification of BRANCH in the VIA header.

Regards.

Here is the file.

I agree with your answer

In my opinion the problem is in VIA header.
This is the original VIA presents in the outgoing INVITE message: Via: SIP/2.0/UDP  83.211.3.165:5060;x-route-tag="cid:pstn-teles@83.211.3.165"

In your trace the VIA is always the same in every message except in the BYE: Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 81.29.149.10:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-59392848-4e941915; vtbranch=z9hG4bKEX980492;vtservice=routingservice_routingeuro_53.peerservlet+b2buaservlet.siptosip

In a SIP call the Caller-ID is the field to identify a call but the branch header is the filed to identify transaction.

If one of these fileds differ from original is correct having the 481 message as response.

If I correctly understand the call flow, a Cisco sends the call to a VocalTec Essentra B2B agent. Try to investigate the problem in the Essentra.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: