cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX script Get Digit String Question.

jerrycourt
Level 1
Level 1

In a UCCX script I have a Get Digit String for Caller Input to allow a caller to dial an extension at any time.  When they do the call goes through and rings the phone.  However, if they do not answer the call goes to a Generic Unity Voice message and Not to the persons voice mail that is set to go to voice mail on no answer and busy.  If I call the person directly it rolls to that persons personal Voice Mail.  Or later in the script I have that person as a variable if the caller selects # 3.  It then calls that person and goes to the personal voice mail correctly. 

It only seems to roll to the Generic Voice mail message if the ext is dialed in the Get Digit String.  Is there a way to allow or release the call so it rolls to the personal voice mail box?

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jerry

How you collect the number to send the call to won't affect how it gets there.

Are you using different steps to do the two transfers? I.e. is one a redirect, one a consult transfer? Or are there other differences in the properties of the step?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I run a 

Caller_Input = Get Digit String (--Trigger Contact--)

Successfull

Call Redirect  (triffering Contact-- to Caller_Input)

Set Contact Info (-- Trigger Contact--, handled)

Go To End

Example I dial 3420. 

In the above setup the call rings the phone number 3420.  but then if there is no answer it goes to Generic Voice Mail.  The Phone line itself is set to go to the persons Voice Mail if No Answer and does if you call the number directly.

Later in the script I have options set up so the caller can choose to talk to Service or Parts etc. by choosing #1, 2 etc. as follows:

Caller_Input2 = Get Digit String (--Triggering Contact--)

Successful

Timeout

Unsuccessful

Switch String (Caller Input2)

1 ServiceCall

Call Redirect (--triggering Contact-- to service)          ( I have 3420 set in a variable called "service")

Set Contact Info (-- Trigger Contact--, handled)

Go To End

In this above case the call does ring 3420 and if there is no answer it goes to the persons Voice Mail like it is set to on the phone and Not to the Generic Voice mail menu.   

The issue is I need the call to go to the persons Voice mail if they dial it the case they enter a number when asked to dial the ext. now as in the case at the top.   Sorry hard to describe.  Hope this makes sense.