Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice calls dropping out

marman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else had any problems with voce calls dropping out over the WAN. We have many remote sites - each has a c3662 with typically 8-10 E&M ports fitted - directly connected to the local PABX. The links are quite skinny and over satelite - so we have QoS applied for the vocie (the odd packet is still being dropped on these policies).

The software image we use is c3660-ds-mz.122-19b.bin - and it has been working fine for many months until recently.

Also, on one router the 4 port NM-2V occasionally goes into a PARK state and i get a NO_RING_DESCRIPTORS error on my syslog - a reboot helps - do you think this maybe hardware related? The other module is fine.

Cheers

3 Replies 3

ceyerly
Level 1
Level 1

We've seen the NO_RING_DESCRIPTORS error on different hardware. It was a DSP firmware issue. Code upgrade was fix for us. When we were having the error, calls would still setup, but there would be no audio as the DSPs were not functioning at the point. The work-around was to reload the router.

Thanks for the reply. I figured it was going to be either IOS or hardware - the strange thing is the other module in the router seems to work fine!

We just had the issue again at a branch today that was running T6. Reboot fixed it. We took them up to T9 to see if that will help in the future.