cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP problem

lgsecurity1st
Level 1
Level 1

IP phone works good in main location. At Remote location, able to call to and from but not able to here voice. Phone system is plugged into port on Cisco Catalyst 2950. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

jtufail
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please explain the topolgy of the network. There could be a number of things why you are hearing one way audio such as ip source bind address, header compressions enabled on the voice gateway on one side only etc.

Main Office: 1 PDC, 1BDC, Phone System and Cisco router 2650 connected to port on 1 of 4 Cisco Catalyst 2950. Connected to remote location via T1.

Remote Location: Router 2620 connected to port on Dell powerconnect 2024 switch.

IP scheme: 192.168.xxx.xxx, Subnet: 255.255.255.0, Windows 2000 environment.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

From above I understand that you have WAN between the two 2600s. You would need to review at your configs on both routers. As I mentioned that either it could be a binding of source address or header compressions if you have enabled them. Are your voice gateways using h323 or mgcp. Can you please send me the configs and sh ver of both routers and and for a call that shows one way audio capture the sh call active voice brief from both ends.

tony.h
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked your routing on both routers and made sure the central voice vlan and the remote vlan can talk to each other?

I had one way voice problem a few weeks ago. The reason was that I did not have a route to remote voice VLAN althought the phone can talk to CallManager. Howeven after the initial call setup, phones need to talk to phones on a different VLANs.

Good luck,

Tony