cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7914 sidecar on UC500's not displaying all Line labels?

v0r73x117
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few UC500 boxes that are running 8.2, they are still running some old 7960's with 7914 sidecars and I've noticed the 7914's aren't displaying all the line buttons correctly.

In brief the sidecar loads up normally, display most the buttons as expected yet some display with just the phone icon and no label. Rebooting a few times and it seems some load erratically (e.g. one that was displaying the label now isnt). Is this something anyone else has come across?

I've tried hunting round but can't immediately find any similar reports, I've tried loading up the latest firmware on the phones confirming they are running 8.1(SR2) along with the latest 7914 firmware (albeit being a few years old). It looked to occur with the original firmware on the UC500's as well so I'm a little stumped.

It looks to be happening across multiple sidecars so doesn't seem to be one or two faulty units. The buttons are pretty simple using watch/monitor lines (e.g. button 7w20 8m21 9m22 10w23 etc).

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any chance that sidecar contrast needs a little adjustment ?

Unfortunately not, I'll grab a snap shot to hopefully give a better idea. The phone icons and those with labels are all clearly visible, they ones with the error don't display the ephone-dn label at all which is a little odd.

As per attached, I've set it up again on a test UC520 and the same occurs the last three are without their labels. It seems a bit erratic as previously Stores wasn't displaying but the label below was.

Just to try something different, can you try going to blf-speed-dial for these monitored extensions ?

That would also give you advantages like editing entries from phone, etc.

Also new software if you want to give it a shot.

Hi There,

By the looks of it, it would seem the 7914 has an older firmware and you may want to upgrade the firmware of the 7960 and the 7914 phones. It could potentially be that a newer firmware might already be on the system but just not successfully pushed to the side cart or the phone.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for the further suggestions, will try the BLF shortly.

Testing further I used the 7914 on a 7975 and the labels all displayed as expected so it would appear to be the 7960 at fault?

To confirm though I have used the latest firmware for both the 7960 and 7914 (8.1SR2 on the phone and 5.04 on the sidecar). I've tried to backtrack a certain degree on firmware for the phone but the 8.0 and 8.1 versions I've tried still look to do the same, it's very odd. I was going to try on version 7 as I believe this was the original version they had been running from a previous CUCM install.

Hi Marty,

Can you please resent the 7960 to factory defaults whilst the side cart is

connected to it, and then wait for it to update itself and upload a new

profile.

Its a long shot but there is a chance that the 7960 is bad code in it and

it just may need a push in the right direction.

Cheers,

David Trad

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On May 14, 2012 8:00 PM, "v0r73x117" <

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *