cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7936 Conf Phone(s) - no dial-tone w/ phone key on uc540/uc560

Jeff Cooper
Level 1
Level 1

I've ran across an oddity with the 7936 cisco conference phone in a couple of my setups involving the uc540 and uc560.  The 7936's screen instructs users to "Press the Phone Key to get a dial tone."   Users cannot get a dial-tone by pressing the phone key.  Users can entered the number without pressing the phone key and then select the dial soft-key to dial.  Users can also use the phone key to hang-up.

The 7936 does work properly on call manager before a company migrates to a uc540 or uc560 platform.  I've updated the phone loads as well.  The uc500 8.2 for both uc540 and uc560 uses 3.3.20-0 for the 7936 with the latest being 3.3.21-0 from 08-2011.  The patch does not resolve the issue.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jeff,

Before migrating it from Call Manager did you do a full factory reset on the phone? If not you should do so now and also do the firmware upgrade on it and do the factory reset one more time.

If problem still not resolved then log a Bug case with SBSC, however be aware that they may want to spend some time on the phone diagnosing this with you just in case it isn't a bug, also check the bug tracker, you never know it might already be there

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Jeff Cooper
Level 1
Level 1

So far ran into it at 6 different customers.  3 of the 7936s came from 2 installations migrating from call manager to uc560.  The other 5 were fresh out of the box for clean uc560 or uc540 installations for another 4 different installations.  Hence, using the drivers packaged with the 8.2 download for both the uc540 and uc560.

I might call Cisco.  Thing is, you can get around it by dialing the number first, then hitting dial - as long as the customer understands that.  When you're billing the customer a chunk an hour and already have 60 hours a week of installations, it's hard to put aside the time for starters, and secondly, at no-charge for the customer.  But if I get the chance and window, I'd be curious to investigate further with a bug case as you suggest.

Thanks for the input.

I opened up a case with tac regarding the 7936 on uc540 and uc560 systems.  This is how the 7936s function currently on the uc540 and c560 systems.  No information if it will be addressed on further releases..   also the case it will function like this as well under 8.6