cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8841 Voice Feedback bug

bob63221
Level 1
Level 1

We use the Voice Feedback feature on the 8841 handsets and believe we have found a bug in the implementation of this feature. When using the Corporate Directory (perhaps Personal Directory as well but we don't use that at our organization) the soft key function is not Voiced on a single press, nor does it require a double press to activate it. A single press activates the soft key immediately without any Voice Feedback, just as when Voice Feedback is not enabled. This is the only place we have found where the soft keys do not function as intended with Voice Feedback turned on.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

firmware is 12-7-1-001-393.

It looks like you are using CUCM and enterprise firmware for 8841. So you should ask in IP Telephony and Phones instead. Voice Systems is dedicated to Small Business product line.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's firmware bug (if bug at all) but you mentioned no firmware version.

Wrong community unless phone is driven by 3PCC kind of firmware.

Also note no Cisco staff in charge for the product quality is monitoring this community - expect no effect of your report.

That's Cisco's concept of customer support. And their contribution to community spirit.

Thanks.

I first reached out to the Accessibility Team who sent me to open a TAC case. The representative there didn't seem to understand that I wasn't trying to warranty hardware and finally sent me here. So, yeah, pretty pathetic customer service. I've spent at least an hour on this and still don't even know how to raise the issue.

In case anyone does see this post this firmware is 12-7-1-001-393.

Off to pursue other avenues...

firmware is 12-7-1-001-393.

It looks like you are using CUCM and enterprise firmware for 8841. So you should ask in IP Telephony and Phones instead. Voice Systems is dedicated to Small Business product line.

Thanks! Will do.