Views
Helpful
Replies

88x extensions can't access outgoing trunk

lscd-fort
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Our ucs560 is working fine, today I needed to add a few new users, our internal user extensions use the range 820 thru 867 or so. I added the new extensions 880-884. Internal calls back and forth between these new extensions and other existing extensions (820-867) work fine. Incoming DID calls also route just fine to these new 880-883 ext's.

However from an 880-883 extension, I'm not able to press 9 and dial out, when dialing 9, then a 1+10 digit outside #, I just get a dial tone instead of the system accessing our t1 trunk and dialing out like all other existing ext's do.

Have I missed something simple somewhere? I've added lots of new users and extensions before with no problem. Could it be due to the fact that these new extensions use the format 88x ?

Outgoing calls accessing the trunk is the only issue, feel like I've just missed something simple.

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies 2

lscd-fort
Level 1
Level 1

Based on a suggestion from another forum, think I've found the issue here, these new ext's don't have outgoing cid's specifially assigned like all other ext's do. So that could be answer here. Will confirm tomm am.

Confirmed, outgoing caller id was the issue here. Had to add a dedicated caller id for these new extensions. Another issue may be a default outgoing caller id being also assigned to an extension.