cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASK THE EXPERTS – SPA3xx AND SPA5xx IP PHONES AND ANALOG TELEPHONE ADAPTORS (ATA)

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Cisco Networking  Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to get an update on SPA3xx and SPA5xx IP Phones and analog telephone adaptors with Patrick born. Patrick Born is a Technical Marketing Engineer for the Small Business Technology Group (SBTG). His responsibilities include SPA3xx, SPA5xx, and SPA9xx IP Phones, WIP 3xx IP Phones, and SPAxxx ATAs including the SPA2102, SPA3102, PAP2T devices.

Remember to use the rating system to let Patrick know if you have received an adequate response.

Patrick might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered   questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This  event  lasts through September 24, 2010. Visit this forum often to view  responses  to your questions and the questions of other community  members.

19 Replies 19

alexanderlitvak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Partick,

Could you or another expert give me some advise on my post I started some time ago?

It is related to issues using multiple pages in the xml directory on the spa50x phones

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2032865

Thanks!

Hi alexanderlitvak,

Thanks for letting me know about your Community thread on this issue. I cannot dig into this issue today. I will request one of my colleagues to take a look. If they're not able, I will pick up the issue on Monday 9/27/2010.

I am going to send you an IM in order to request additional information.

I apologize that your thread has previously gone unanswered.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

dayiedgosi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick

I work for a contact center we want to use the spa525g for the agents.I know that the spa525g has the option to use the usb port. How can I disable this port? because we don't want that the agent use the usb port to hear the music....Also I want to know if we can't disable the option Factory Reset from the phone because if the agent go to the option SETTINGS-DEVICE ADMINISTRATIVE-FACTORY RESET the agent could get in and make a factory reset with out to write a password or something.

Thanks

Hi Diana,

The MP3 player is a feature so no it can't be defeated. [Chances are, if you did, employees will then use their personal MP3 players anyway. :-) ]

You can prevent a user from factory resetting the phone by provisioning the phone with an admin password and protecting the factory reset parameter as follows:

VerySecurePassword

Yes

Once you have set the parameters I described, the phone will challenge for a password before allowing the device to be factory reset.

Read more about provisioning the phone at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9894

Regards,

Patrick

----------

JCMcKenzie
Level 1
Level 1

Good day, sir.

I have an SPA3102 and I would like it to forward PSTN calls from certain phone number sto a VoIP number. I would furthermore like it to ignore PSTN calls from other phone numbers. Most phone numbers would just ring the normal phone handset, selected numbers get forwarded.

After so much research and begging for help I could easily write a document larger in total size than all of Wikipedia on everything I tried I can only acheive two situiations: either the selected calls are fordwarded and all other calls are hung up upon after half a ring or nothing at all happens.

I started by going uUnder the PSTN User tab and filling out the "PSTN-To-VoIP Selective Call Forward Settings", "Cfwd Sel1 Caller:" and "Cfwd Sel1 Dest:" as appropriate. This would cause all non-selected numbers to be dropped in less than one second but would forward the chosen phone numbers. Everything I tried to allow non-selected calls to be ignored so the phone would just ring has resulted in causing the SPA3102 to act as if it did not exist.

It would be appreciated if you could advise me as how to configure the SPA3102 so PSTN phone numbers I choose (only two right now) are fordwarded to my already set-up VoIP number and all other PSTN phone calls do nothing, causing the handset to ring.

For someone as knowledgeable and experienced as you perhaps this is an easy question, it has been very difficult for me to set this up. Hopefully you can help, regardless, I appreciate you time reading my entry. I have attached a text file which contains what I believe is the revelevant part of a debug log. It is activity occuring when one of the selected PSTN callers phoned me and nothing happen. (His call was not forwarded.) For anything else needed from me in order to assist you in helping me just ask.

Thank you, kindly.

--

John McKenzie

http://www.accesswave.ca/~davros/