cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA191-MPP firmware 11.2.4 regression (outgoing calls, IPv6 only)

Hello,

I'm posting this message to report a software regression that affects the "11.2.4" (ATA19x.11-2-4MPP0001-115) firmware version of the ATA191-MPP.

Affected versions and configuration: The issue is encountered when using IPv6 only network for SIP server connection and RTP streams; in the exact same configuration, things are working fine on firmware versions 11.1.0 MSR4 and 11.2.1 (namely ATA19x.11-1-0MPP0401-002 and ATA19x.11-2-1MPP0001-006).

Looking at Wireshark captures, SIP/SDP messages contents and RTP addresses, ports and codecs setup are identical between 11.2.4 and 11.1.0 MSR4 (apart from the User-Agent of course).

The encountered issue: RTP packets upload/reception fails on outgoing calls.

When doing outgoing calls, after the call related RTP address and port of the ATA191-MPP has been sent to the server (using SDP below the "INVITE" request), and from the moment when the server gives its own RTP port and IPv6 address in answer, (that is when RTP stream is ready to be established from both sides), the RTP outgoing packets are failing to be sent. The associated logged debug messages are "voice: sock_sendmsg() failed with error -97 (session 0)".

Also, even when the router is allowing them to reach the ATA191, incoming RTP packets are rejected by the ATA191 with ICMPv6 messages telling "Destination Unreachable (Port Unreachable)" (despite they are sent from the expected SDP described IPv6 and port, to the expected SDP described ATA191 RTP IPv6 and port). All of them are correct (and working with older firmware versions).

Useful note:

For incoming calls, the issue isn't encountered (incoming calls are working fine), despite the content of the SDP preparation of the RTP stream being completely equivalent; but coming from the SIP server's INVITE message first, before the ATA191 answers with its own SDP described RTP parameters.

Debug log :

Please find attached the messages starting from the outgoing INVITE message, until the RTP stream starts failing. These are the messages received when every "Debug Log Module" menu checkboxes are checked, 

Firmware version 11.2.2, 11.2.2 MSR1 and 11.2.3:

I'm unable to say if software versions 11.2.2, 11.2.2 MSR1 and 11.2.3 (namely ATA19x.11-2-2MPP0001-011, ATA19x.11-2-2MPP0101-013 and ATA19x.11-2-3MPP0001-028) are affected by this regression because in the same configuration, those 3 versions were affected by another worst regression - voice module rebooting when about to initiate SIP messages to the SIP server once registered - but this has been corrected in version "11.2.4")

I keep available for questions/tests, in case this issue isn't already known and if it's not already being worked at. Feel free to ask in case of missing details, or needed comparisons between versions.

Until so, I will keep on the 11.2.1 version, and wait for news, or new firmware to try.

Best regards,

Julien Robin

0 Replies 0