cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BACD query

abillington
Level 1
Level 1

We have three BACD groups currently configured (two least-idle, two sequential). The customer services manager would like to have their group's behaviour as "All of our agents are busy. Please hold or alternatively press 0 to leave a message". Is this possible - and am I missing something obvious (again) ? If CCA can't do it but CLI can that's fine.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

11 Replies 11

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

As of right now it is not possible because the BACD application that resides on the UC500 doesn't make use of those parameters when you use CCA.  Using CLI on he UC500 is not recommend especially for the BACD because you might not be able to use CCA for the BACD if you do.  You can check out this BACD guide but it requires more than some knowledge of CME and CUE.  It wouldn't be a plug and play fix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html#wp1105967

I have many UC5x0 with  B-ACD/AA and they all work without any issue.

I do not use CCA and recommend against it iI you want the product to fully perform.

Paolo, in many cases most partners who deploy the UC500 only have their select certification.  They do not all

possess the capability to configure a system using CLI.  If a select partner configures the UC500 via CLI without having a Express UC or Advanced UC certification, and they have an issue, they will not be eligible for support.

Support policy

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14855

To be honest with you, over the course of two decades I have seen people with no certifications get great results with IP telephony and networking in general. They read the manual and grabs concepts quickly.

And others, with tons of certifications, gotten trough test cheating or sales channel facilitation, struggling with the easier things again and again.

Support from Cisco is secondary to product quality and personal skills. Unless you run in a bug or faulty unit, any competent consultant or partner must be able to successfully configure and deploy solutions under all conditions without help from Cisco TAC.

And look at the OP need again: He needs the feature, he doesn't care how it's obtained, CLI or GUI or whatever.

Paolo you are correct in stating that partners do have different skill sets.  You did however fail to acknowledge that many partners come here to find support for their new and existing customers, like the OP.  Deploying a solution that is supported by the vendor is key to having a successful business practice.  Just giving someone an answer without at least trying to understand their position and possible implications, is not helping them.

as the OP, I would say I can see both points of view. However, what I wanted to do originally is something that should be easy. If it isn't, I'll do it the hard way if that's possible.

Got another query, which may be autoattendant rather than BACD related.

AA1 on 8200, menu options to divert to BACDs 8240, 8241,8242, 8243

AA2 on 8200, menu options to divert to 8240

AA3 on 8228, menu options to divert to 8243

Weird thing happening. If you go to 8200, select option 1 to go to 8240, you get 0.5s of "All agents busy", then the correct welcome. If you go directly to 8222, you don't get that. If you go 8240, you don't get that. In desperation I've renamed the bacdprompts files, hoping it wouldn't find them. Any clues????

Oh, and your locale packs need to change the language of the BACD as well, not just AA, but that's minor at the moment.

I'm not sure what 8222 is and how both AA1 and AA2 have the same extension.  But I can tell you that for BACD prompts, when using CCA, only the transfer prompt will play.  There is an issue where the welcome prompt never plays.

sorry, typo, AA1 is on 8200, AA2 is on 8222.

No transfer prompts defined, but will check that.

Marcus Casimir wrote:

Paolo you are correct in stating that partners do have different skill sets.  You did however fail to acknowledge that many partners come here to find support for their new and existing customers, like the OP.  Deploying a solution that is supported by the vendor is key to having a successful business practice.  Just giving someone an answer without at least trying to understand their position and possible implications, is not helping them.

Actually the OP explicitely mentioned "CLI OK", so maybe you shall read his post again.

Furthermore having 20 years and some of experience in this industry, of which 10 at cisco, I really believe to have a grasp of all these concepts on which you lectured me above, thank you very much

Lastly regarding my ability to help others, please visit:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/top-netpro

I found my strange prompt - somehow it was in the recording of the new prompt

With regard to CCA vs CLI, this box was configured using CCA, CLI, CUE web and Office Manager - a case of which is the easiest tool for each job (Office Manager for bulk edits of users, for example). It isn't appropriate to suggest people should only use CCA when Cisco's own documentation at times says you must use CLI to achieve certain things - e .g. SPA8000 integration. Until CCA can do those sorts of tasks I'd be willing to bet most installs will be "hybrid", wouldn't you?

It isn't appropriate to suggest people should only use CCA when Cisco's own documentation at times says you must use CLI to achieve certain things - e .g. SPA8000 integration. Until CCA can do those sorts of tasks I'd be willing to bet most installs will be "hybrid", wouldn't you?

Cisco does have approved CLI work arounds for bugs.  These have been tested by support to make sure they won't break CCA or Office Manager.  You can configure the UC500 using CLI only or have a hybrid configuration but CCA and Office Manager will most likely never work correctly.  Many new partners don't know that until they have an issue.

If your customers require advanced features or functionality that CCA does not offer, getting the advanced or express UC specialization would be the right thing to do.  But remember once you go down the CLI route you won't be able to get support using CCA.