Views
Helpful
Replies

Be6k Scalability

Umer Javed
Level 1
Level 1

hy everyone

i am here to talk about Be6k's scalability. As per documents of be6k. It have 2 models MD=Medium Density and HD=High density

Attribute

Capacity

Maximum number of users

1000 users

Maximum number of mailboxes and voicemail ports

1000 mailboxes and 24 voicemail ports per server

Message storage

Approximately 72,944 G.711 codec minutes

Number of contact center agents

100 agents and 10 supervisors

Number of presence users

1000 presence users

Number of devices supported

Medium Density server: 1200

High Density server: 2500

Maximum number of co-resident applications per server

Medium Density server: Five applications (4 collaboration + 1 management)

High Density server: Nine applications (8 collaboration + 1 management)

Busy-hour call attempts

in both models number of users are same which is 1000 but the number of devices are different MD support upto 1200 and HD support upto 2500.

be6k is c220 M3 rack server is there any solution exist in any case we can increase the number of users. lets assume number of users are 1200 so that's mean i need another be6k or ucs server or may be be7k

Thank you and Regards,

Umer Javed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The system was only tested with 1K users and the maximum number of devices per the platform, going above that was not tested and since you're already running on limited resources, not supported. If you still want to go ahead and go beyond those numbers, any performance issue, and/or any issue, will be solely your responsibility.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the # of users is fixed at 1K, if you go above that number and open up a TAC, we'll deny support.

You always need to take into account growth when positioning a system, if you already have 900 employees and are looking to grow, then obviously a 6K won't be a good choice in the long run.

If you need 1200 users, either go with a 7K, or enterprise CUCM, or as you mention another 6K, but as a separate cluster.

HTH

java

Thank you Jaime

is this mean that Be6k can support more than 1k users. I mean for call control and other features but if any problem will occur then Cisco will deny the TAC support.

The system was only tested with 1K users and the maximum number of devices per the platform, going above that was not tested and since you're already running on limited resources, not supported. If you still want to go ahead and go beyond those numbers, any performance issue, and/or any issue, will be solely your responsibility.

HTH

java

now it is more clear, well i think no one can dare to go beyond limited number of users

thank you Jaime