cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cameras supported in future with uc320w

shuotari2
Level 1
Level 1

I want to get some Cisco Cameras to test out Cisco video systems and want to make sure that what I purchase will work with the uc320 when they begin supporting them.

Does the roadmap for the uc320w know which cameras I can safely purchase today that will work with the uc320w.

Do you have a beta program that I can participate in to be an early adopter of the new release coming out (I heard Sept 2011)

Thanks,

Scott

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Scott,

Have you thought about using the PVC2300 Camera for this?

They should work without a problem, just make sure you assign the right IP address to them and either plug them into a PoE enabled switch, or if putting them onto a Power Pack, then plug them directly into the back of the UC-320W, this should work for you

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I think that the issue may be that (from what I understand), I am not allowed to change any of the settings on the spa525 phones, as they are under the control of the uc320.  I may be off on this, but what leads me to think this, is that I wanted to use a third party softphone that integrates with Outlook and was told that the uc320 restricts how that software would work with the phone, so at that time, I could not make any changes to the spa525 that would not get overwritten by the uc320.

I am not sure that I am correct here, but I will try it.  I have a PVC2300 on order and will try when I get it in play.

Can anyone from support comment on whether this has been done with the uc320, the spa525g2 phones and a PVC2300.

Scott

Hi Scott,

There is a current pending feature request to support PVC2300 camera provisioning for use with a SPA525 phone for video.  Right now, you are correct, the fields to allow a SPA525G to communicate with a camera are locked.

Chris

IP Camera support with the SPA525G2 and UC320W would be a HUGE HUGE selling point to small law and medical offices!  I'm looking forward to this!

Hi Scott,

If putting the PVC2300 on the UC320W then the only way to view the camera at the moment is via the Web GUI, not sure if this is suitable for you.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *