cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot perform an announced / attended transfer (only blind)

madisontmajor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a new installation with a UC540, 1 509G and 504Gs. If one inbound call calls the 509G (receptionist phone) it can be transfered to a 504G using an announced / attended transfer; however, if a second call comes in and I place the first call on hold, then I am not able to do an announced / attended transfer, only a blind transfer. In other words, if I have 2 active calls onthe 509G and I try to transfer one to a 504G, the call is transfered as soon as I press [Dial] is does not wait for me to announce and press [transfer].

I would prefer to announce all transfered calls.

How do I resolve?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

linuxchild
Level 1
Level 1

try this

CME_Voice(config)# telephony-service

CME_Voice(config-telephony)# transfer-system ?

CME_Voice(config-telephony)# transfer-system full-consult

if it did not work , post your sh run

Regards

Linuxchild,

Thanks for the reply. I would prefer not to use the CLI if possible. Is there any way to make the update / tourbleshoot through the CCA?

Hi

You know what, I Used CCA only one time , and I hate it , you do't see exactly what is happening , I even upgrade CME and Unity using the CLI

but If you want I can help you debuging it , but after 10:00Pm GM+1

Regards

madisontmajor
Level 1
Level 1

I spoke to Cisco support and they told me that the reason this was happening was that each line of the phone could only handle 2 active calls. When my client decides to transfer, it would require a third line to do an announced transfer and this is not supported by the 504G phones.

Can anyone confirm / deny this logic?

Would there be any work aronds to give them similar functionality? We suggested that they park and un park calls to get around this limitation.

Thanks