cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA 3.0.1

aldobson
Level 1
Level 1

We need to get this CCA more compatible for easy setup functions.

We just upgraded our customer over the weekend with CCA 3.0.3 - UC560 8.1.0 and had nothing but troubles.

The customer was able to before add multiple users to the SPA500's and monitor check they're voicemail.

We spent hours on the phone with support and now they tell us that the support contract will not cover cli and cme configurations.

You are forced to use CCA if you want it covered under the service agreement.

However now our customer has downgraded instead of upgrading.

Not very good on Cisco's part as far as we think.

This has caused us nothing but grief with our customer and we need a fix to this RUSH.

Does anyone have any ideas for us?

The customer has a UC 560 with SPA508's.

They have 6 employee's on each phone in 6 different departments.

We need PDM's for each employee and a GDM for the Departments.

Some department have 2 phones that are duplicated and use a shared line for the department.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Al.

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would have considered a phone that supports 'extension mobility' and build the users profiles that can (one at a time) log into the phone as their own.  There was a bug that prevented SPA5xx from allowing extension mobillity in SPCP mode, but I believe that has been overcome.  But I think CCA doesnt allow it.

The defect ID is : CSCtb52688: Enable extension mobility support for SPA phones

I show it as resolved.  But CCA may not have integrated it.  If you want to go this route (EM) then open a case with SBSC and get them to ask CCA team for an update.

But I am thinking you want them to all be active at the same time (not one at a time)?  Obviously only one can use the phone at any single time though (not getting around that)..

Do they have cell phones?   You can build a floating extension for each of them with CF to their cell (this will eat an outgoing circuit (or bandwidth) though, so be advised of that.   A Floating extension can have a voice mail box assigned to it, so you get that with this implementation.

There may be other creative things we can do with shared lines or hunt groups.....

Thanks Steven for replying.

We just noticed another problem since we upgraded the firmware and that has to do with users logging into CUE and adding speed dials to they're phone.

They have stripped that functionality.

We have very disappointed customers now with Cisco.

These are common tasks that users need to do.

Do you have any idea who can correct this?

You can add system and personal speed dials through CCA under the "Users and Extensions" section.  You can also have users add their own speed dials through the phone using the services button (Services Button > My Phone Apps > Personal Speed Dial) .

Thanks Marcus.

Yes we know that however have you had a customer do 25 phones with the spa500s side arms that need 30 speed dials programmed on each.

That would take them forever and again Cisco seems to be going backwards taking what the customer used to beable to do out.

It doesn't make sense to take such a common used task out.

How about OFFICE Manager 1.2?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App