Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA 3.01 - Minor Telephony Wizard bug UC520

Hi,

First of all I want to give a big thumbs up to the CCA development team ! I've been highly critical sometimes but you finally got it right for most of the installation steps of the UC 500 line ! Last week was my fastest clean install ever ! One afternoon including software upgrades and creating the import files for 32 seats and even all in the right language ! Thanks guys !

... but I found a minor bug:

1. I have a UC520 which has been used before

2. Upgraded the software to 8.1 inclduing Dutch language pack

3. Checked Factory reset

4. After reboot the telephony wizard does not start, UC520 is not clean accordiing to CCA

5. Another factory reset

6. Telephony wizard starts with only US and Canadian options

7. Software updgrade shows all is in Dutch

8. Back to wizard

9. Could set everything in Dutch except phone localization

10. Wizard is running now. Will check on localization later

Haven't seen this on a UC560.

Regards,

Marcel.

P.S. plz plz add PSTN access code to incoming lines in next version !!

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks for the wonderful feedback.  I like to read the good stuff too :-)

I had an engineer look at localization for us all.  I had my home phones speaking Italian, so I knew it worked, but in the US, we use default English so in my sales role in the US, I dont really do it often.  Here is what he reported (more good news).

Hi Steve,

I have tested the same on with below mentioned steps.

My findings are,

1. Software upgrade 8.1.0 with Dutch language and also checked factory reset => TSW wizard starts automatically after the Reboot(CCA relaunch) . 

2. TSW wizard starts with Netherland. When we select the custom option, Dutch language is selected by default on the phone language DND as well as voicemail language DND.(Here, we configured Dutch is a active language without alternate during the last software upgrade ).

3. TSW wizard starts and listed with United states and Netherland in region selector. When we select the custom option, US English and Dutch language are listed on the phone language DND as well as voicemail language DND.(Here, we configured US English is a active language and Dutch is alternate language during the last software upgrade ).

4. In the software summary screen, active and alternate language details are displayed correctly.

For your reference I have attached the screenshots.

Based on the findings, its working as we expected.

Thanks, Saravanan. 

CLICK to enlarge images

Hi Steven,

thanks for the reply. I felt I had to give them credit because it shows it goes the right way and my life becomes easier with every release :-).

Maybe it was a hicup at my side. CCA only showed Canada or US as available region (in the Tel. Wizard). Nonetheless I could set everything in Dutch except the phones localization. After the wizard was ready, I fired up the Software Upgrade >  Install Locale Pack. It showed everything was Dutch already but had to add Dutch as alternative language to get the localization working.

Everything is fine now and there's a workaround :-). I haven't had time to try it again because the box had to be up and running in a short time.

Regards,

Marcel.