Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR output for outgoing calls

craig.letheren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have been speaking with a partner of ours with regards to a call logging solution. There is a call scenario they cannot report on as the UC540 does not output enough information.

What they have found is that if you make an outbound call then transfer it to another internal party the UC540 outputs no duration information for the transferred leg of the call therefore they have no way of reporting the length of the second leg of the call.

If you receive a call and transfer it to another user the UC540 outputs the duration therefore it can be reported on. This only seems to happen on outbound calls that are transferred. We have tested this using Syslog and the syslog output is slightly different in that the length of the transferred part of the call is shown but only as an internal call between the original internal party and the person the call was transferred to.

For example, if x1009 calls 02081123456 lasting 25 seconds then transfers the call to x1004 who speaks to the external number for 10 seconds we see an external call lasting 25 seconds then an internal call between 1009 & 1004 that lasts 10 seconds.

Has anyone else had any experience with CDR in this way?

Many thanks in advance.

CraigL

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Craig,

This is unfortunately correct behavior... I have gone through this process in a painstakingly lengthy debugging process and the outcome always remained the same, the UC does not view the transferred leg as an independent call, it perceives it as an internal transferred call.

I dont know if this is a bug, but at the time no one seemed to be interested in this as it was not an earth shattering issue.

Since this is now a second case with this problem, I would encourage you to log a bug request in with SBCS support and see if you can escalate this all the way up to engineering, who knows they may look at it, and if they do, just done expect a quick turn around time on anything coming to you as it in all likelihood will not be deemed as a high priority

Sorry I couldnt have been any more help on this...

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

This is a big help, thank you. At least I know that someone else has experienced this and I shouldn't need to do any further testing for the time being.

I'll do as you've suggested and report this through STAC and see whether it can be escalated.

Again, you've been a big help. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

Craig Letheren

Hi Craig,

You are more than welcome sir

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *