Replies

Change the voicemail language only

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a UC-560 works well with the CUE 7.1.3

IOS version: boot system flash-UC500-mz.150-advipservicesk9 1.XA

Currently my system language  is English (U.S.)

But I want to change language of  the voicemail (only) in French

I already downloaded the following file:

- UC560-8.0.2
- cue-vm-fr_FR-langpack.uc560.8.0.2.prt1
- CP_521_524_Dictionary

- CME-locale-fr_FR-7.0.1.1

When I use the cca I don't have the possibility to choose french to change the voicemail

How to change the voicemail language (only) in French?

Thank you in advance

1 Reply 1

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

You can't do this in CCA.  The way to change the language on the Voicemail only, is pretty difficult.  The only supported way to do this is with changing the language on everything.  However, there is a way to change the voicemail language on CUE on an ISR router:

This comes from the Installation and Upgrade guide for CUE:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008064172a.shtml#qa1

I have a working system and I want to change the language (while saving all the data on the system). Which procedure do I need to follow?

Officially, this process was not considered. However it can be done with a certain amount of planning in advance. The problem is that all users, audio prompts, triggers, as well as some custom script steps might have a language defined other than the system default (the one that is loaded). If those items are not handled properly, there is no audio after you log into voicemail and other issues can result.

First, from the CLI, issue the show users command to get a list of users. Then issue the show user detail username userid command in order to go through each one. For the language, make sure systemDefault is specified. In most versions, you can also issue the command show sysdb /sw/local/users | inc preferredLanguage. This outputs a list of all users with their language. If the field is blank, then it uses the systemDefault language. For example:

cue-3745-44a>show sysdb /sw/local/users  | include preferredLanguage
Administrator/Language/preferredLanguage
ckent/Language/preferredLanguage
gpburdell/Language/preferredLanguage       en_US

In this example output, userid gpburdell has the en_US language configured (ckent and Administrator do not have a language specified and therefore use the systemDefault language). This means that if the system is changed to anything other than US English (en_US), then this user does not work properly. For example, when this user logs into voicemail, after they authenticate, there is no more audio. In order to correct this, each user who has a set language should have it removed. For this example output you configure no user gpburdell language en_US.

Note: This is done from the command mode, not configuration mode of the CLI.

Next, issue the show ccn prompts command to get a list of all audio prompts. Each of those must be backed up manually. You can either log in via the GUI and download each one individually, or use the ccn copy prompt myprompt.wav url ftp://1.2.3.4/myprompt.wav username userid password mypass command to copy each file to an FTP server. If this step is not done, the prompts disappear and cannot be restored via the regular restore procedure. When the system is re-initialized with the new language, the prompts can be uploaded via the GUI or via the CLI again.

Make sure all triggers have the systemDefault locale. Issue the show ccn trigger command from the CLI. If one is set for anything other than systemDefault, enter configuration mode and remove that locale from the trigger.

Finally, if there is a custom auto attendant in use, each step should be examined for any possible language dependencies. Most steps do not have this. However, some steps such as those that generate prompts, allow the language to be specified. This is not very common. But since Cisco Unity Express currently does not support more than one language on the system, any custom scripts should be backed up separately. Similar to how the prompts were downloaded via the GUI, the scripts can be downloaded from the Voicemail > Scripts menu in the GUI. These need to be uploaded from this same place after you change the language.

Once these steps have been completed, you can perform a regular installation using the clean method or the boot helper method. Then proceed with the restore and re-upload all prompt and script files.

If you have already performed a backup, loaded new software (with a different language), and have restored the old configuration and data, then check to see if any users have a language configured other than the systemDefault. Issue either the show users detail command or the show sysdb /sw/local/users | inc preferredLanguage command in order to accomplish this. Any users that have a language configured that does not match the installed language must be changed. All custom scripts and prompts have been removed. Those all have to be manually uploaded to the system and configured.

Next, test the auto attendants and a few voicemail boxes. Make sure that you can hear the system greeting ("you have no new messages", and so forth) when you log into a voicemail mailbox. The auto attendants should also be checked to make sure all prompts have been uploaded properly.

The only other way is to do a clean install on the CUE which erases all data on the CUE module which is referenced in the same document as above.  I must reiterate that this is NOT as supported way of changing the Language for CUE on a UC500

Regards

Adam Compton