cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Configuration Assistant Topology LLDP detection

Joseph Candela
Level 1
Level 1

Should I be able to detect Cisco 7942 phones in CCA via LLDP?  I installed a UC560 into an existing network which used HP Procuve switches.  I have enabled LLDP detection and can view the LLDP-med info of the phone from inside the procurve switch but CCA does not detect any of the phones.  Does CCA only use CDP to populate the Topology view?

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joseph,

CDP is the protocol that is used across all Cisco Products... That's not to say it won't change in the future.

In your situation you will need to hard code the Voice Vlan into the phone, Although this may not be required If the HP switches are connected to the trunk port on the UC and you manually program the Vlans Into the switches.

This may or may not allow CCA to see the phones but it is the only way I can think of it working for You.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *