cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco sg200-26 smart switch Unable to connect to Configuration Tool

190tnel
Level 1
Level 1

I have the Cisco sg200-26 smart switch.  I have this connected : Modem (port 2 on modem)  to  Cisco Switch  from switch to computer, switch also has multiple other ethernet devices connected.  I also have a Linsys Velop router also connected to modem (port 1 on modem)   to   TPlink 5 port switch  to   3 Velop nodes.  I can use the internet no problem in this configuration both thru wifi and ethernet. 

However I am unable to get to the web-based configuration utility using 192.168.1.254 in web browser.  I am unable to see other devices on the Cisco Switch eg. my NAS.  I have tried using port 1 on modem to go directly to Cisco switch   then   switch   to   router  and  switch  to  computer, but my linksys router does not work with this configuration (linsys support says I need to have router connected directly to port 1).  I have been working on and off for 3 days to get this working but no go.  I have read many articles but I just cannot find anything that address my problem.  I am beginning to think my Cisco Switch is damaged in some way, if someone could point me in a direction to help resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim N

Modem: Netgear Nighthawk CM1200

Router: Linksys Velop mesh

Computer: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

Switch 1:  Cisco sg200-26 smart switch

Switch 2: TP-Link TLSG105

NAS: Qnap TVS1282

2 Replies 2

mimladen
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I understand in your case switch is connected to router(DHCP server) which assigns IP addresses,
In this case IP address should be changed, so you will be able to find IP address of the switch from router menu where is shown devices connected to router and IP addresses assigned to them or if router didn't support this functionality you can use free application Advanced IP Scanner or any alternative which you prefer.

So my Cisco Switch & my Router are connected directly to my 4-port Netgear Modem.  My 2-port Router will Not work if i go Modem to Router to Switch, and from switch to computer. 

When I connect Modem directly to Cisco Switch, the switch will allow my computer to access the net; and when connecting modem (seprately) to router, my wifi works. Yet in either configuration I am unable to get to Switch configuration utility.  Also when router and switch are connected separately to modem I am unable to see any device connected thru ethernet, even though my computer is connected thru ethernet & I can connect to internet.

Modem: Netgear Nighthawk CM1200

Router: Linksys Velop mesh

Computer: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

Switch 1: Cisco sg200-26 smart switch

Switch 2: TP-Link TLSG105

NAS: Qnap TVS1282