Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco spa502g incorrect config file provisioned

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is not in the right location for this question. But i have several phones which have not been rmeoved from the portal correctly or have been used as test phones on site. Now i have been able to get them removed from portal so that i can use them again however the issue i face is i cant reset the physical phones, they currently have a config file which if you log into the phone is asking for username and password so i cant check the URL for the provisioning file. I have no idea what this username and password would be and i have also tried doing it through the phone to no avail. I have read about how it may be possible to force a config file on using a tftp server, so have downloaded Solar winds but will be honest i have no idea how to do it. Nor have i got a config file to put on the phone.

I am in a business enviroment so have got a POE switch and plugged laptop directly in and a SPA502G plugged in next to it. I have left the device all weekend to see if it would pick up a new config file after it cant find one as this was advised to me by BT wholesale. This has not worked either.

Could somebody please asssit me with either explaining how i can get a config file on using solar winds tftp or if somebody knows another process on how i can reset these phones to ensure they have got the right provision file.

Look forward to your response.

Thank you 

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business - SPA phones": You can move your posting with the Actions panel on the right.

Thank you for that,