cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA504G Phone - Can the Mute Tone Be Silenced?

Brent Conway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with the MUTE function on a SPA504G phone, and hoping it's fixable.

During a call, when the mute button is pressed, it makes an audible single "beep" ... and when taking off mute, it makes two audible "beeps" ... both of which are fine.

The problem is, the OTHER party on the call can hear these beeps too - and they shouldn't.

This is a particular problem when on conference calls, as people are hearing these beeps and believing that other people are entering or exiting the conference call ... when it is really just someone going on mute.

Is there a way to silence the beep when mute is pressed?

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Brent

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Brent,

What version of firmware are you running on the SPA504G??  I seem to remember an issue like this with a previous version of firmware, and I believe the new versions fixed that issue.  I would check to make sure you are using 7.4.8a, or at least 7.4.7 on the SPA500G phones.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Brent,

What version of firmware are you running on the SPA504G??  I seem to remember an issue like this with a previous version of firmware, and I believe the new versions fixed that issue.  I would check to make sure you are using 7.4.8a, or at least 7.4.7 on the SPA500G phones.

Thank you,

Darren

Thanks Darren!

I upgraded the SPA504G to firmware 7.4.8a and works perfectly now!  No more annoying beep!

Thanks again for your help.

Brent