cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Concurrent VPN connections on UC540 & UC560

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

What is the maximum number of concurrent VPN connections to the UC540 ? and the UC560 ?

We're looking to set up a site with remote agents and need to make sure they can all connect at the same time and answer calls.

Thank you,

Stacy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

For the UC540, it is 10 connections.

For the UC560, it is 20 connections.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

For the UC540, it is 10 connections.

For the UC560, it is 20 connections.

Perfect- thank you !

Hi Steven,

if i implement a UC560 in the HQ and i have a branche office with 20 users.

Is it possible to setup a site-to-site vpn with the UC560 and get all the 20 users/phones from the branche office registered at the UC560 without implementing a multi-site solution?

Another question. Let's say I would like to connect a branche office to the HQ (UC560 in the HQ).

what is the limit of users that can be in the branch office without using a multi-site solution.

Is it possible to somehow use a 870, 880 series router of cisco on both locations to take care of the site-to-site vpn. This way you don't have the limitations of the UC540/560?

Awaiting your answer.

Hi Smartingram

You said ;

Is it possible to setup a site-to-site vpn with the UC560 and get all the 20 users/phones from the branche office registered at the UC560 without implementing a multi-site solution?

According to table 5 below in the platform reference guide the number of users per teleworker site is limited to 5. Probably for a number of reasons that are not defined in that guide, but these limits were defined assuming that a appliance such as a SR520 or 88x was being used at the teleworker location.

See the following URL as an example;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/C78-557768-00_540_platform_reference_guide_DS_v2a.html

Table 5. Feature Licensing for the Cisco UC 560

Feature

Number of Licenses Included

Virtual LANs (VLANs)

VPN tunnels1

Remote teleworker sites

Users per teleworker site

Multisite deployments

1Includes IP Security (IPsec), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), or generic routing encapsulation (GRE) tunnels.

sorry, i was logged in with the wrong ID.

I understand the limitations of 20 teleworker sites and 5 users per teleworker site.

But i don't think the SR520 is in the same league as the CISCO880 series when it comes to throughput, etc.

I don't understand why a limitation is put in place when using a CISCO880 series at the teleworker site? The router can't handle let's say 10 simultaneous calls over WAN, through a site-to-site vpn connection to the HQ?

I could use a ASA5505 on both sides for vpn termination. This is still a much cheaper solution than implementing a second UC540W.

I would like some more info on what is possible, what is not possible and why?

PS. let's take into account that there's enough bandwidth for the site-to-site vpn connection