cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure a schedule for closed hours to force calls straight to voicemail?

Ryan Courtney
Level 1
Level 1

My client wants to have a sequential hunt group with a general delivery mailbox that the DID rings to during normal business hours. For their closed hours they want the calls to go straight to voicemail. Is there a way to configure the schedule and have the calls kick to voicemail at night? I know that we could do this using the auto-attendant but they don't want the AA for normal business hours, they just want the calls going straight to the hunt group. I appreciate any help or direction on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ryan,

If you are using CCA you may do so by following the instructions below.

You have to change the call float a bit, you need to create a floating extension and forward all calls from it to the hunt group. You need to point the DID to the floating extension instead of the hunt group now under incoming dial plan.

Then in the night service you need to select this floating extension and forward it directly to the voicemail of that group during night service e.g. if the group number is 501 you have to set the all to in the night service to go to 6501 assuming that "6" is the prefix to go directly to voicemail (this prefix is configured by default).

The night service schedule could be configured under schedule->night service tab.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello Ryan,

If you are using CCA you may do so by following the instructions below.

You have to change the call float a bit, you need to create a floating extension and forward all calls from it to the hunt group. You need to point the DID to the floating extension instead of the hunt group now under incoming dial plan.

Then in the night service you need to select this floating extension and forward it directly to the voicemail of that group during night service e.g. if the group number is 501 you have to set the all to in the night service to go to 6501 assuming that "6" is the prefix to go directly to voicemail (this prefix is configured by default).

The night service schedule could be configured under schedule->night service tab.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

First, thank you for the quick response. I really appreciate it. I followed your instructions and the line is still ringing 3-4 times before vm picks up. There was another night service already configured. Would that have any effect on this?

I made a floating extension 2040 with call forward all to 5005 (the hunt group)

On the incoming dial plan I set the DID to ext 2040

On the night service I set ext 2040 to call forward night service and forward to number 65005

The schedule wasn't changed as there was already one in place for another night service extension.

Any suggestions?

Message was edited by: Ryan Courtney

Hello Ryan,

Not sure why this takes so long. I am glad that this is working.

You may check again if when dialing 2040 in night service the call is send straight to the voicemail but not to the group  again.

HTH,

Alex