Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying UC540 in different offices.

gustavoavila87
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're planing to deploy voice services with UC540 between different offices. We have 6 office in different locations (15 users in each office), all are connected by site-to-site VPN.

The idea is:

SITE-A: 1XX extension range

SITE-B: 2XX extension range

SITE-C: 3XX extension range

etc

etc.

My question is:

We need to deploy one UC540 in each office and trunking through VPN connection to have interoffice comunication? (SITE-A user's could call to SITE-B user's extensions)

Or is necesary to centralize the service in 'HQ' and the other offices connect through gateways?

Thanks for your help and comments..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you will need PSTN gateways if local lines are so important to you. If you want sound and consistent results, these better be all Cisco enterprise line or products.

Note if you want cross-site EM, multi-site UC is pretty much ruled out, unless you are willing to to venture into creative configuration territory.

The most important thing. Do not attempt to do this yourself. Get an UC certified Cisco partner, or person of equivalente knowledge and expereince.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do it either way, with the logical pro and cons of each solution.

Personally I would choose the second option.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Gustavo,

You will need to consider doing the Multi-Site-Deployment within CCA, this way your configuration will be sound and the call routing will be done right, it will make life much easier.

You will want to also use the IPSEC-VPN tunneling between them, this is the best way to traverse the calls between the systems.

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

gustavoavila87
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your replies.

So, if I deploy Multi-Site-Deployment, users from site A could transfer a call from PSTN to an extension in site B? An user from site A could take PSTN tone from landlines in site B (to avoid long distance)?

Yes.

Just be aware that with one UC in every office, you will have to buy 6 units - check the price. And configure and maintain 6 systems - check the time it takes, even for an expert.

Thanks Paolo.

I'm noob with cisco VoIP. With a centralized deployment, branch offices will need voice gateways, so, I will need specific gateways form cisco? Or any gateway with SIP trunking feature and specific dial plans will work?

All offices are connected through IPsec-VPN managed with Pfsense, I'll create a new VLAN for voice network with QoS, and every office will have dedicated internet connection for voice, and dedicated switches.

The most important thing is, have full integration with all offices, specifically the call transfers form PSTN site-to-site, the posibility to take line from another office to make local calls and extension mobility.

PS. Sorry if I you found grammar issues. I'm still learning english

Yes, you will need PSTN gateways if local lines are so important to you. If you want sound and consistent results, these better be all Cisco enterprise line or products.

Note if you want cross-site EM, multi-site UC is pretty much ruled out, unless you are willing to to venture into creative configuration territory.

The most important thing. Do not attempt to do this yourself. Get an UC certified Cisco partner, or person of equivalente knowledge and expereince.