cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digit Manipulation - From 10-digit Caller ID to Prepend 9 (dial access) Plus 7 digit local

Jerome Daroya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to create an calling translation rule for missed calls with Caller ID that begin with a 213###-#### and hitting dial and the UC-5xx system will automatically prepend a 9 plus the last 7 digits.

Thanks...

4 Replies 4

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

This is for use on a ISR only.  CCA already applies voice translation rules to your outbound dialpeers.  So don't do it on the UC500 or else you will cause instability with CCA.  Unfortunately on the UC500, applying translation rules isn't a plug and play thing.

BUT

I will make a note of it and pass it on to the team.

I noticed you retracted your original answer.  So those voice-translation rules do not apply to the UC-5xx system?  I also happened to be going over the CUCME admin guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html#wp1105668) and I was going to try it on the UC-560.  So I take it that this cannot be done on the UC-5xx system?

Modifying and adding voice translation rules apply to CUCME that runs on the ISR platforms.  The UC500 is managed by CCA and any un-supported CLI entries could easily mess it up.  So even though I said yes that you can do it before, I wouldn't do it because it could potentially mess up your system.

Jerome Daroya
Level 1
Level 1

I have to admit I've seen CCA not understanding a configuration when I've done config changes through the CLI but in certain circumstances I had to do this.  Examples are ACL's - I've edited this but used the same ACL numbers and remarks created by CCA but just add the lines I wanted, phone button configs - it was faster than going through the GUI like for watch or overlay buttons for a 7960 with 2 sidecars.  I also have gone through the CUE GUI to work on extension, phones, users and groups.  I'll try the translation pattern my demo unit to see if it works.