cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct transfer of a phone call to voicemail (SPA9000/SPA400)

m.bunt007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Basically here is my question.   A caller calls in to the operator and the operator answers the phone call.   The operator than wants to transfer the phone call to the users voicemail box directly, instead of ringing the users phone.  How does the operator do this?

From my understanding, this is not a feature that is in the Cisco SPA9000 or SPA400 by default, but it must be scripted in, either in the feature set or the dial plan.

Any help to how I might of achieve this would be great.

Thanks.

Mike

5 Replies 5

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

We've used the following setup before with the AA.  You can modify as needed and try using a similar setup without the AA.

Define a hunt group on the 9000

150:cwfd=vm3700100 

This registers an extension (huntgroup) 150 and will forward to voice mail box 700100 the 3 states the spa400 is attached to the 3rd line on the spa9000

nseto.

Thanks for your reply.   I have tried your suggestions in multiple formats, but still cannot get it to work.   I know I am configuring the hunt group correctly, because if I do 150:=202, then when I enter 150 extension 202 rings.   but if I do 150:cfwd=vm2202 (for mailbox 202), all the system does is hang up on me. 

any ideas?

Thanks.

Mike

Can you confirm that this fails via outside call to AA to that hunt group for vm?  I just want to confirm that this known good setup should be working.  Thanks.

Nseto

This does fail from outside as well.   Sorry for the delay in response, I haven't had the time to circle back around and focus on this.  But the answer is NO.  It doesn't work from Outside or Inside with the configuration that we tried.

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

Mike

Just wanted to confirm for the test procedure, that the outside call did go through AA and then you entered the hunt group number that is supposed to route to vm.

If that failed, please enclose a debug log so we can see how the call is being routed.  Thanks.