cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

failed SPA400 firmware update

senik_yurij
Level 1
Level 1

My Linksys SPA400 has been accidentially powered off while firmware update. After restoring power supply device does not get ip from DHCP server. "Power" LED is on. "Status" LED is off. All four "Line" LEDs blink once in four seconds simultaneously. "Ethernet" LED Blinks as usual. "USB" LED is off. I guess this happens because of the corrupted firmware. Is there any way to revive the device? Thanks in advance!!!

19 Replies 19

Hello i have downloaded this tool but will not run on my pc (X64)  help needed

Hi i am having this problem as well but the upgrade210 app wont run on my windows 10 x64 please advise

Hi Patrick. Do you have a version of this program for later windows machines, like windows 10. This looks like a 16 bit program which no longer runs. 

retzlaff
Level 1
Level 1

Darren_C
Level 1
Level 1

I got this to work in Dec 2023. The hardest part of the process is trying to run the simple 16 bit utility.

I used a 32 bit copy of windows 10. I downloaded the ISO file (make sure it is 32 bit version) and put it on a usb stick (I used rufus, rufus.ie). So I had a complete version of windows 10 32 bit on a USB stick. Boot from the USB stick. This allowed me to run the utility (16 bit version) in windows 10 32bit. You will need to enable NTVDM which is done automatically when you run for first time. This allows old legacy programs to run. Put both the utility and the .rar (unzip the .rar) file on the windows USB stick. Click properties of the utility (the uncompressed version) and enable compatibility for windows xp. Choose the recovery bin version of firmware. It took me about 6 hours but the spa400 is fixed has clean firmware. It can be done but takes some time.  Long live Linksys SPA9000 and the SPA400!