cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feature Request:

chad.ayres
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, we just installed our demo at our office and our 1st customer.  Everything seems good, but I have run into a some things that I hope to see resolved in this product for the customer and for the engineer.  1st I would like to see an option for the softkeys.  Maybe something along the lines of customizing the order.  2nd, I would like to see the system reboot go very very very far away.  Rebooting everytime a change made is very trouble some. This would have to go hand in hand with the WAN port issue of causing reboots when loosing connection.  3rd, in button programing, being able to program the 1st 4 buttons in the same manner as buttons 5 through 12.  The last thing, is some kind of network testing tools like ping. 

I believe this product has a bright future, but a few more enhancements would really go a long way.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Chad,

The good news is that we are working on most of your requests. You are likely to see results from them over the following months. I just need clarification on one thing

"3rd, in button programing, being able to program the 1st 4 buttons in the same manner as buttons 5 through 12.".

The first button on a phone is always the extension. The other buttons can do anything. Could you elaborate on what you are looking for.

About the buttons, I was specifically referring to the fact that if you have the primary ext on button 1, I can't make button 2 anything. At least, the units I have had so far, those keys unavailable to options. Now if I add a shared ext, It will populate button 2 but it leaves 3 and 4 blank or rather without the ability to select a action. What I am looking for it just the being able to have an action choice for any button that is not the main ext for that phone.

Chad Ayres

Systems Engineer

CMS IP Technologies

Beaumont Tx, 77703

DO YOU HAVE NETWATCH?

"Delivering Technology, Making a Difference!

Chad,

What you are experiencing with the buttons is unusual. The first button is alway used as the primary extension. But the rest of the buttons can be used for anything. I am not seeing the problem that you are seeing.

I will get some screen shots for u to see what I see

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Ok.  after further review I see my error. It wasn't in the ability to select an action for each button, it should have been in where the shared exts go.  In my recent installation, I created 2 shared exts.  one was Technical support and the other was Sales.  by default, the system placed them on buttons 2 and 3.  It would nice to have control as to which button it goes on.  Personally I would have rather be on buttons 5 and 6.   Sorry for the confusion. 

Hi,

You will find a ping tool has been added in the upcoming 2.0 Maintenance Release 2 firmware under Status -> Support Tools.

Chris