Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO incoming questions on UC540

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There Folks,

We have put in a UC540 to a client in a managed/serviced office and they are setup with SIP turnks for incoming and outgoing.

They also have phones from the managed office provider, they currently have 4 extensions, and this means they have two phones on their desks for some staff.

As an addition to the original install they have asked to loose the managed providers phones.

After speaking to the manage provider, they could offer us a 4 analogue extension, and it was decided that we would go this route.

Purchased the 4 FXO Addon Card, and installed it into the UC540.

My question is if currently user A, B, C and D are n extensions 276,233,217 and 242 of the managed providers system, and on extensions 201, 202, 203 and 204 on the UC540, how do I setup the UC540 so that when Extension 276 on the analogue is rung, it routes to 201, 233 to 202, 217 to 203 and 242 to 204.

Thanks in advance.

Graeme

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Graeme,

It could be as simple that in CCA or CLI if required, you choose the voice port that the PSTN line is plugged into and you PLAR it to an extension number, it is pretty straight forward and simple to do.

Let us know if you need some screen shots or CLI config examples and I would be more than happy to help you out

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Thanks for that.

Just to check

Were mapping the actual physical port to an extension number, not the number theat the PSTn lin is assinged

i.e. FXO port 0 maps to 201 etc.

Cool I was thinking bout this the wrong way, I remember seeing those options in CCA

Thanks,

Just need to wait for the managed service phone guys to provide that analogu extensions.

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Graeme,  Yes you're mapping the physical port IE voice-port 0/1/0 (FXO-0) to DN 201 by setting the PLAR on the voice port to point to DN 201 or what ever extension you want, you can send it to an AA or a blast group even.  You should have no issues at all with doing this with CCA :)   Cheers,  David.

Posted from my mobile device.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Well I have looked through CCA & I see no option for maaping an FXO port to an extension.

Supposedly this is what you need to do fax to mail.

The tutorials make it seem like mapping a port to an extension is something simple.

Oh yes and everything must know be done in CCA. Bye Bye CLI.

Any help would be appreciated CCA or CLI.